Super Green Lentil Salad
Iam so bad at taking fruits in my everyday diet and always wish to have it in any form. Just that I will not spend time to include fruits. Instead I crave for breakfasts like upma, idli, dosa etc. As long as portion control is in check. But I don’t. That’s another story about my consistency and discipline in my eating habit. I wish I change it, it’s high time. Recently I wanted to use up my rolled oats I have at home and also wanted to give it a try for smoothies. Should start replacing my high carb breakfasts with such smoothies. Let me see how it goes. This year my eating habit has been very bad with so much inconsistency as well as not balanced meal. I hope adding sorghum, a whole grain which adds a hearty, nutty flavor will give me the kick I need.
- Preheat the oven at 180C.
- Cook the lentils in water for 20-30 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Whilst the lentils are cooking, roast the broccoli florets with olive oil until crispy, roughly 10-15 minutes.
- Make the dressing by blending all the ingredients together. Set aside until you need.
- To assemble the salad: layer the baby spinach on the base of your plate. Layer the cooked lentils, a few roasted broccoli florets, wedges of beetroot and sprinkle with mixed seeds and chopped almonds.
- Drizzle with the dressing and serve immediately.
- Make the starter in bulk, so that it is ready for your breakfast porridge or ting. Keep starter in the fridge so that it does not go sour especially in summer. In winter place in a warm area i.e. next to the window.