Stampkoring Fiesta Salad
Iam so bad at taking fruits in my everyday diet and always wish to have it in any form. Just that I will not spend time to include fruits. Instead I crave for breakfasts like upma, idli, dosa etc. As long as portion control is in check. But I don’t. That’s another story about my consistency and discipline in my eating habit. I wish I change it, it’s high time. Recently I wanted to use up my rolled oats I have at home and also wanted to give it a try for smoothies. Should start replacing my high carb breakfasts with such smoothies. Let me see how it goes. This year my eating habit has been very bad with so much inconsistency as well as not balanced meal. I hope adding sorghum, a whole grain which adds a hearty, nutty flavor will give me the kick I need.
- Ahead of assembling the salad, cook the stampkoring according to package instructions until tender (generally, boil for approx. 1 hour in a large pot of salted water). Drain the cooked stampkoring in a colander. Rinse with cold water until water runs clear. Set aside.
- Make the dressing by mixing the juices of lime with the olive oil and season to taste.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the remaining salad ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Add the cooked stampkoring. Stir to combine and add the dressing.
- Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and leave to chill for an hour and then serve.