Samp and Bean Curry Veg Pilaf
Iam so bad at taking fruits in my everyday diet and always wish to have it in any form. Just that I will not spend time to include fruits. Instead I crave for breakfasts like upma, idli, dosa etc. As long as portion control is in check. But I don’t. That’s another story about my consistency and discipline in my eating habit. I wish I change it, it’s high time. Recently I wanted to use up my rolled oats I have at home and also wanted to give it a try for smoothies. Should start replacing my high carb breakfasts with such smoothies. Let me see how it goes. This year my eating habit has been very bad with so much inconsistency as well as not balanced meal. I hope adding sorghum, a whole grain which adds a hearty, nutty flavor will give me the kick I need.
- Cook the Samp & Beans in water for 30-45 minutes until soft. Drain and set aside.
- Make the dressing by mixing all the ingredients together. Set aside.
- Heat oil and add sliced onions, frying for 5 minutes. Add crushed garlic, chilli and spices.
- Add cooked samp and beans and fry for another 5 minutes, adding a little oil if it seems too dry in the pan. Season to taste.
- Dish into a serving dish and top with roasted tomatoes, wedges of roasted onions and cubes of roasted peppers. Garnish with the dressing and chopped coriander.