Roasted Cauliflower Lentil Biryani
Iam so bad at taking fruits in my everyday diet and always wish to have it in any form. Just that I will not spend time to include fruits. Instead I crave for breakfasts like upma, idli, dosa etc. As long as portion control is in check. But I don’t. That’s another story about my consistency and discipline in my eating habit. I wish I change it, it’s high time. Recently I wanted to use up my rolled oats I have at home and also wanted to give it a try for smoothies. Should start replacing my high carb breakfasts with such smoothies. Let me see how it goes. This year my eating habit has been very bad with so much inconsistency as well as not balanced meal. I hope adding sorghum, a whole grain which adds a hearty, nutty flavor will give me the kick I need.
- Heat the oven to 180C. Roast the cauliflower in olive oil, salt, pepper and cumin. Set aside till later.
- Boil the lentils for roughly 15-20 minutes until soft and tender, drain and set aside.
- In a large frying pan, fry the onion, carrot and garlic until fragrant.
- Add the curry powder, coriander powder, turmeric, garam masala and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the rice, stock and water. Cook until the rice is cooked, on medium heat.
- Once the rice is cooked, add the cooked lentils, frozen peas and the roasted cauliflower
- For garnish, add toasted almonds and fresh coriander.