Red Lentil and Pecan Bolognese
Iam so bad at taking fruits in my everyday diet and always wish to have it in any form. Just that I will not spend time to include fruits. Instead I crave for breakfasts like upma, idli, dosa etc. As long as portion control is in check. But I don’t. That’s another story about my consistency and discipline in my eating habit. I wish I change it, it’s high time. Recently I wanted to use up my rolled oats I have at home and also wanted to give it a try for smoothies. Should start replacing my high carb breakfasts with such smoothies. Let me see how it goes. This year my eating habit has been very bad with so much inconsistency as well as not balanced meal. I hope adding sorghum, a whole grain which adds a hearty, nutty flavor will give me the kick I need.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large pot and sauté the onions, celery, carrots, rosemary, pecans and garlic till soft.
- Add the red lentils, tinned tomatoes, stock pots, water, sugar, splash of balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer on low for 15-20 minutes until the lentils are soft. Add a splash of extra water if it looks a bit dry and check seasoning.
- Whilst the lentils cook, cook the pasta in salted boiling water till al dente, drain and set aside.
- Mix the pasta into the lentil sauce.
- Serve sprinkled with Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.