Mabele Phuthu Pap
Iam so bad at taking fruits in my everyday diet and always wish to have it in any form. Just that I will not spend time to include fruits. Instead I crave for breakfasts like upma, idli, dosa etc. As long as portion control is in check. But I don’t. That’s another story about my consistency and discipline in my eating habit. I wish I change it, it’s high time. Recently I wanted to use up my rolled oats I have at home and also wanted to give it a try for smoothies. Should start replacing my high carb breakfasts with such smoothies. Let me see how it goes. This year my eating habit has been very bad with so much inconsistency as well as not balanced meal. I hope adding sorghum, a whole grain which adds a hearty, nutty flavor will give me the kick I need.
- In a medium sized saucepan, bring water to a boil, add salt.
- Mix King Korn Mabele Meal and Ace maize meal, gradually add to the boiling water, stirring frequently with a fork, continue to stir with a fork until well incorporated and moist. The mixture will be crumbly.
- Cover and cook on a low heat for 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Serve with Amasi (sour milk).
- Make the starter in bulk, so that it is ready for your breakfast porridge or ting. Keep starter in the fridge so that it does not go sour especially in summer. In winter place in a warm area i.e. next to the window.