Mabele, Lemon, Herb and Parmesan Crusted Fish
Iam so bad at taking fruits in my everyday diet and always wish to have it in any form. Just that I will not spend time to include fruits. Instead I crave for breakfasts like upma, idli, dosa etc. As long as portion control is in check. But I don’t. That’s another story about my consistency and discipline in my eating habit. I wish I change it, it’s high time. Recently I wanted to use up my rolled oats I have at home and also wanted to give it a try for smoothies. Should start replacing my high carb breakfasts with such smoothies. Let me see how it goes. This year my eating habit has been very bad with so much inconsistency as well as not balanced meal. I hope adding sorghum, a whole grain which adds a hearty, nutty flavor will give me the kick I need.
- Mix coarse Mabele meal with lemon zest, Parmesan, parsley and melted butter.
- Season fish fillets with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in a heavy based frying pan and fry fish skin side down for 2-3 minutes. Turn over and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Turn fish over again and cover the flesh side with the crumb mixture. Place under a hot preheated grill and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add a bit of butter to the pan with the lemon juice. Melt around the fish. Serve fish with a salad.
- Use any firm fleshed fish of your choice i.e. kingklip, whiting, yellow tail, dorado
- Make sure to use fish that is not endangered. Check out the SASSI list. (South African Sustainable Seafood Initiative)