Mabele Lemon Cookies
Iam so bad at taking fruits in my everyday diet and always wish to have it in any form. Just that I will not spend time to include fruits. Instead I crave for breakfasts like upma, idli, dosa etc. As long as portion control is in check. But I don’t. That’s another story about my consistency and discipline in my eating habit. I wish I change it, it’s high time. Recently I wanted to use up my rolled oats I have at home and also wanted to give it a try for smoothies. Should start replacing my high carb breakfasts with such smoothies. Let me see how it goes. This year my eating habit has been very bad with so much inconsistency as well as not balanced meal. I hope adding sorghum, a whole grain which adds a hearty, nutty flavor will give me the kick I need.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a baking sheet.
- Cream the butter, sugar and lemon rind in a bowl until pale and creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add cake wheat flour, maize meal, King Korn Mabele Meal, baking powder and almonds.
- Roll tablespoons of mixture into balls, place on greased baking trays, allowing room for spreading. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until golden and firm.
- Cool on the trays for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.