Mabele Flat Bread Served with a Herb Salad and Poached Eggs
Iam so bad at taking fruits in my everyday diet and always wish to have it in any form. Just that I will not spend time to include fruits. Instead I crave for breakfasts like upma, idli, dosa etc. As long as portion control is in check. But I don’t. That’s another story about my consistency and discipline in my eating habit. I wish I change it, it’s high time. Recently I wanted to use up my rolled oats I have at home and also wanted to give it a try for smoothies. Should start replacing my high carb breakfasts with such smoothies. Let me see how it goes. This year my eating habit has been very bad with so much inconsistency as well as not balanced meal. I hope adding sorghum, a whole grain which adds a hearty, nutty flavor will give me the kick I need.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix King Korn Mabele Meal, bread wheat flour, green chillies, salt, cumin and coriander, mix with a fork. Adding a few tablespoons of warm water at a time, knead gently into a soft dough.
- Knead melted butter into the dough, divide dough into equal portions. Roll out the portions into balls.
- To make the flat breads; wet your palms and gently flatten the dough balls with your fingers, place dough on a lightly flour surface, cover with a piece of glad wrap.
- Using a rolling pin, press dough down lightly, until you have an even thickness flatbread.
- Heat a heavy based frying pan on medium high heat. Brush a little butter on the bread and cook in pan for 30 seconds, flip to cook the other side.
- Repeat the process and cook until the flatbread turns golden in colour. Serve spread with store bought hummus and topped with a salad.