Mabele Crusted Pork Chops
Iam so bad at taking fruits in my everyday diet and always wish to have it in any form. Just that I will not spend time to include fruits. Instead I crave for breakfasts like upma, idli, dosa etc. As long as portion control is in check. But I don’t. That’s another story about my consistency and discipline in my eating habit. I wish I change it, it’s high time. Recently I wanted to use up my rolled oats I have at home and also wanted to give it a try for smoothies. Should start replacing my high carb breakfasts with such smoothies. Let me see how it goes. This year my eating habit has been very bad with so much inconsistency as well as not balanced meal. I hope adding sorghum, a whole grain which adds a hearty, nutty flavor will give me the kick I need.
- Pat chops dry with paper towel. Place flour in a shallow bowl.
- Place eggs into a second bowl, season with salt and pepper.
- In the third bowl mix King Korn Mabele Meal and dried mixed herbs.
- Coat the chops in the flour and shake off excess, then dip into the eggs and then coat with the Mabele mixture on both sides.
- Melt butter and oil in a heavy based oven proof frying pan or cast-iron skillet. Add pork chops and cook until golden brown about 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer pan with pork chops into oven. Bake until chops are crisp on the outside and cooked through about 20 minutes.
- Transfer onto plates. Garnish with lemon wedges and serve with a salad or mashed potatoes and a tomato & onion gravy.