Mabele Base Pizza
Iam so bad at taking fruits in my everyday diet and always wish to have it in any form. Just that I will not spend time to include fruits. Instead I crave for breakfasts like upma, idli, dosa etc. As long as portion control is in check. But I don’t. That’s another story about my consistency and discipline in my eating habit. I wish I change it, it’s high time. Recently I wanted to use up my rolled oats I have at home and also wanted to give it a try for smoothies. Should start replacing my high carb breakfasts with such smoothies. Let me see how it goes. This year my eating habit has been very bad with so much inconsistency as well as not balanced meal. I hope adding sorghum, a whole grain which adds a hearty, nutty flavor will give me the kick I need.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC. Grease 2 baking sheets.
- Combine, Mabele, flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a bowl.
- Beat buttermilk, oil, egg and water together, add the wet ingredients into the dry and mix well.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to 2 X 1cm thick rounds. Place on baking sheets and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, spread with cottage cheese and top with chopped spring onions, smoked salmon or trout, rocket and capers. Season with freshly ground black pepper and serve.
- For a gluten free pizza base use almond flour instead of bread flour.
- Substitute salmon or trout with shaved ham or any cold meat of your choice, very thinly sliced