Creamy Mabele Custard with Chocolate Sauce
Iam so bad at taking fruits in my everyday diet and always wish to have it in any form. Just that I will not spend time to include fruits. Instead I crave for breakfasts like upma, idli, dosa etc. As long as portion control is in check. But I don’t. That’s another story about my consistency and discipline in my eating habit. I wish I change it, it’s high time. Recently I wanted to use up my rolled oats I have at home and also wanted to give it a try for smoothies. Should start replacing my high carb breakfasts with such smoothies. Let me see how it goes. This year my eating habit has been very bad with so much inconsistency as well as not balanced meal. I hope adding sorghum, a whole grain which adds a hearty, nutty flavor will give me the kick I need.
- In a heavy based saucepan bring cream to a gentle boil. Add cinnamon, sugar and vanilla.
- In a bowl mix Mabele meal, cream of maize, cocoa and milk together to form a paste. Add to the warm cream, cook stirring until slightly thickened.
- Pour mixture into serving glasses. Refrigerate until set.
- In the meantime, make chocolate sauce; melt chocolate and cream together in a double boiler or in a microwave.
- Spoon some chocolate sauce over pudding and top with a variety of berries, decorate with grated chocolate.
- Pour mixture into ramekins or metal moulds, refrigerate until set. Turn puddings out onto side plates and drizzle with chocolate sauce.
- Serve with berries.