Iam so bad at taking fruits in my everyday diet and always wish to have it in any form. Just that I will not spend time to include fruits. Instead I crave for breakfasts like upma, idli, dosa etc. As long as portion control is in check. But I don’t. That’s another story about my consistency and discipline in my eating habit. I wish I change it, it’s high time. Recently I wanted to use up my rolled oats I have at home and also wanted to give it a try for smoothies. Should start replacing my high carb breakfasts with such smoothies. Let me see how it goes. This year my eating habit has been very bad with so much inconsistency as well as not balanced meal. I hope adding sorghum, a whole grain which adds a hearty, nutty flavor will give me the kick I need.
- Melt the butter in a deep pot over medium heat. Once melted, add brown sugar and stir until thoroughly mixed. Whilst stirring continuously, bring the butter and sugar mixture up to a boil on medium heat.
- When it reaches a boil allow it to cook for 5 minutes without stirring on medium heat. Make sure this isn’t too hot as it will burn!
- After 5 minutes, add the peanuts and stir to combine. Then add the bicarbonate of soda and stir. It will bubbly quite a lot.
- Quickly add the popped popcorn to the bubbling pot and use a spoon to gently fold the popcorn into the mixture until the kernels are all covered.
- Pour the popcorn out onto a prepared (sprayed or lined) baking sheet.
- Let the popcorn cool. Once cooled, break into chunks and serve.