Banana and Raisin Mabele Bread
Iam so bad at taking fruits in my everyday diet and always wish to have it in any form. Just that I will not spend time to include fruits. Instead I crave for breakfasts like upma, idli, dosa etc. As long as portion control is in check. But I don’t. That’s another story about my consistency and discipline in my eating habit. I wish I change it, it’s high time. Recently I wanted to use up my rolled oats I have at home and also wanted to give it a try for smoothies. Should start replacing my high carb breakfasts with such smoothies. Let me see how it goes. This year my eating habit has been very bad with so much inconsistency as well as not balanced meal. I hope adding sorghum, a whole grain which adds a hearty, nutty flavor will give me the kick I need.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease 2 loaf tins. Soak raisins in warm water and microwave for 1 minute, set aside.
- Mix self-rising flour and King Korn Mabele Meal, rub in butter until fine crumbs. Add sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Add eggs and milk to the dry ingredients and mix until a soft dough is formed.
- Mash the bananas and add to the dough, mix until blended.
- Drain the raisins from the water and add to the dough, mix well. Transfer dough into prepared pans, bake for 50 – 60 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let the bread cool down on a wire rack.
- Make a thin syrup with jam and water, brush over the loaves. Spread with butter or serve with sweetened whipped cream.