- 1 small red onion , peeled and finely sliced
- 1-2 fresh red chillies , deseeded and finely sliced
- 2 handfuls ripe red or yellow tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 lemon
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 can KOO Chickpeas , drained and rinsed
- 1 handful fresh mint , chopped
- 1 handful fresh green or purple basil , finely ripped
- 100 g feta cheese
Mix the tomatoes, the onion and chillies together. Transfer into a medium bowl and dress with the juice of half a lemon and 3 tablespoons of good extra virgin olive oil. Season to taste.
Heat the chickpeas in a pan and add 90 percent of them to the bowl. Mash the remaining chickpeas and add to the pan – this will give a nice creamy consistency. Allow to marinate for a little while and serve at room temperature.
Just as you're ready to serve, give the salad a final dress with the fresh mint and basil. Place on a nice serving dish and crumble over the feta cheese.
Cookies help us improve your website experience.