- 2 cups Ace Samp
- 1 tbsp Garlic
- 1 Chicken Stock cube
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil/Canola Oil
- ½ Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Stalks Celery, finely chopped
- 1 ½ cups Mushrooms, cut in quarters
- ½ tsp Dried Thyme
- 4 tbsp Cream of Mushroom Soup powder
- 5 tbsp Cold Water
For extra tastiness, mix cheddar or parmesan cheese through the samp, before serving.
- Put Samp in a deep bowl and cover with water. Allow to soak overnight.
- Drain the Samp and put into a new pot with garlic and the stock cube, cover with water and bring to the boil.
- Cook until samp is softened, add water if the water evaporates before the samp is cooked.
- In a frying pan, melt the oil and fry the onions, celery, mushrooms and thyme, until softened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix the soup powder with the cold water and add to the cooked samp, stir well.
- Spoon in the mushroom mix and mix well.
- Allow to simmer uncovered for a few minutes until the samp is cooked through and creamy.
- Serve with Roast Chicken or Grilled Chops and Salad
Cookies help us improve your website experience.