It’s tough enough to stay motivated to get to the gym, let alone to move your whole workout routine home and outside. We’re here to help you with 5 ways to stay motivated and get from couch to fit.
1. It’s all in a scheduleThe first step to staying on track with your home fitness goals is to create a workout schedule. It’s important to stick to it and therefore create a routine instead of looking at it like a task. Allocate training days & times to help you stay on track.
2. Create a dedicated work spaceIf possible, try and set up a dedicated workout space for your equipment (yoga mat etc). This allows you to separate your everyday hours with the time you spend working out.
3. There’s an app for thatMissing your gym class? Workout classes and training programmes are a great way to motivate, provide inspiration and hold you accountable. It’s important to find a good fit in terms of time, equipment and fitness level. There are tons of apps online, and when in doubt, YouTube is a great platform for this content too.
4. Prep the night beforeTo ensure you get the best workout before the morning rush, prep the evening before to eliminate stress and tough decision-making. Set out your workout clothes and prep your workout space so that you don’t miss a morning session.
5. Do it with friendsHaving a community is a great way to stay accountable and motivated. Whether it's in the form of a progress sharing platform, messages shared with a friend, or meeting a group for a walk outside, we are always stronger together.
We hope that these 5 tips will help you stay motivated when working out at home and outdoors!