DIY doughnuts with marshmallow icing
Give store-bought cinnamon doughnuts an impressive twist with delicious homemade marshmallow icing.
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 cup (250ml) castor sugar
- 2 tsp (10ml) liquid glucose
- ⅓ cup (80ml) cold water
- ½ tsp (3ml) vanilla extract
- 2 cups (500ml) mmmMallows Vanilla Custard
- 8-10 store-bought cinnamon doughnuts
- Sprinkles, for decorating
- Place egg whites, sugar, glucose and water in a glass bowl and whisk for 1-2 minutes or until sugar has dissolved and mixture has thickened.
- Place the bowl over a pot of boiling water, making sure the water doesn’t touch the bowl. Whisk constantly until stiff and glossy.
- Stir in vanilla extract and mmmMallows, whisking until melted and marshmallow icing is smooth and glossy, about 2 minutes. Remove from the stove.
- Glaze doughnuts immediately (and carefully) by spooning the icing gently over them.
- Coat with colourful sprinkles and serve.
Cook’s note: Mix things up! We’ve used mmmMallows Vanilla Custard for the marshmallow icing, but you could substitute them with your favourite flavour mmmMallows.
What you need
mmmMallows Vanilla Custard 150g