Ice-cream treat sarmies
Don’t bother with ice-cream cones that leak and get soggy. These sandwiches make for the perfect summertime birthday party treat that’ll have the kids begging for more!
- 5 Tbsp (75g) butter
- 2 packets (150g each) mmmMallows Blueberry Flavour (or any flavour of your choice)
- 6-8 cups (250-350g) Rice Krispies cereal
- 4 cups (1L) vanilla ice cream, softened
- Handful rainbow vermicelli
- Line 2 equal-sized baking tins (25 x 25cm) with baking paper and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large pot over very low heat.
- Add mmmMallows and heat, stirring occasionally, until melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in Rice Krispies, scraping up from the bottom, until cereal is completely coated.
- Divide mixture equally between prepared baking tins, pressing down into even, equal layers (1.5-2cm in height).
- Freeze for 20 minutes.
- Remove one Rice Krispies layer from freezer once cooled, leaving the other to set in the freezer.
- Spread ice cream evenly over Rice Krispies layer. Return to freezer to set for 3 hours or until firm.
- Remove both treat layers from tins and press the second layer onto the ice cream.
- Freeze for a further 2 hours.
- Slice into equal squares and decorate with rainbow vermicelli.
What you need
mmmMallows Blueberry 150g